“Cable Gland” also known as ‘Cable Connector’ is a device designed to connect or entry of cable into Electrical device which provides support, sealing, retention, insulation, earthing and shock proof. Cable glands can be fitted on all types of power cable, Equipment connections, Telecom and Data Cables. They are used as a termination and sealing device which ensures that cable should not get disconnected from the main circuit. The Gland should give long-term Cable-Equipment integrity to which it is to be fitted. The Materials used in manufacturing Cable Connectors/Glands are Plastic, Brass, Aluminium and Stainless steel.
The Different Types Of Cable Glands:
- Brass Indoor Type Gland.
- Brass outdoor type Gland.
- Industrial type Gland.
- Threaded Gland.
- Brass Weather proof gland.
The Different Applications Of Cable Glands:
- As a connector for Electrical devices.
- High voltage cable connection to transformers.
- As, Data cable and Telecom Tower connectors.
The Advantages Of Cable Glands Are:
- It maintains the cable connection, when connected to the device.
- It prevents the entry of rain water and dust into the equipment.
- The Glands are available in various diameters for different thickness of cables or wires.
- It is suitable for wires and cables with or without inner protective sheath.
- They are available in various forms like Brass, Stainless-steel, copper, nickel plated, depending upon the type of cable used.
‘Flare Union’ Fittings are metallic fitting is a type of restriction fitting used with metal piping, usually mild steel, ductile Aluminium and Copper with other materials also used. Flare Fittings is used to deal with high water pressure, hot steam or gaseous distribution. Flare fittings give a secured contact with Copper endings and to a stable point threaded nipple end.
The basic advantage of flare joint is that, it can be connected by forming a wide contact area which resists the damage caused due to disturbance. For this reason they are used in making safety Gas connections or Gas lines, Refrigerant lines and many critical connections.
- Low cost price material and ease of Installation.
- No need for soldering the material and they can be installed using standard tools.
- Reliability and Durability due to tight sealing.
- Assembling and disassembling is easier due to non-soldering.
- Ductile Copper is Leak proof, Pressure resistant, anti-corrosion.
- In Underground piping connections.
- In Air conditioned connections.
- In the Oil distribution lines.
- In the Natural Gas (Methane) and Propane connections
- In the Refrigeration connections.